National Eating Disorders Recovery Centre
First in Eating Disorders
Who are our patients?
Our services are available to all genders and age groups from 12 years.
We treat patients with Anorexia Nervosa (AN), Bulimia Nervosa (BN), Binge Eating Disorder (BED), Diabulimia (type 1 Diabetic manipulating their insulin), Other Specified Feeding and Eating Disorders (OSFED) and emerging conditions such as Orthorexia and excessive/ compulsive exercise with/out co-morbid conditions such as:
– Mood disorders: depression, anxiety, OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
– Substance misuse e.g., laxatives, weight loss medications (we cannot treat active or intravenous drug users)
– PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
– BPD/ EUPD (Borderline Personality Disorder/ Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder)
– Impulse Control Problems
– Psychotic Symptoms (due to prolonged starvation)
– Gender Dysphoria
“They may forget your name, but they will never forget how you made them feel”
Families are an important part of the recovery process and we encourage their participation but only with your consent. We also understand that not everyone has a relationship with their family and would not force this connection.
The National Eating Disorders Recovery Centre (NEDRC) supports a realistic view to health and weight. We incorporate WHO, NICE, MEED and the HSE Model of Care for Eating Disorders guidelines along with elements of Health at Every Size (HAES) principles, Intuitive Eating and Therapeutic Movement. We approach each individual with a holistic view, using the Medical, Therapeutic, Psychosocial and Recovery models.
Start your recovery journey today
Give us a call to schedule an appointment.
Phone: 01 564 4450 / 087 7755996