The Recovery Day Programme is suited to clients who are recovery-focused. Our Recovery Day Programme is designed for people who are able to manage more independently however still require ongoing structure and support. This programme is also designed for people who have completed our Residential Programme and can avail of the continuity of care from our services.
The aim of the programme is help clients move towards a healthier relationship with food and eating and build a life outside of the Eating Disorder.
How will it help me?
NEDRC’s Recovery Day Programme is facilitated by a dedicated team of experienced Clinicians, including Psychotherapists, Nurses, Psychologists, Dietitians and a Social Worker. A range of Therapeutic groups are offered across the programme including:
– Cognitive Behaviour Therapy groups designed to help clients build insight into their unhelpful Eating Disorder patterns and target their Eating Disorder behaviours
– Skills-based groups, e.g., DBT– including emotion regulation, distress tolerance and recovery planning, that teach clients a range of skills to manage triggers, emotions and Eating Disorder behaviours
– Nutrition groups that provide education, support and answer questions relating to food and eating whilst assisting clients to normalise their eating patterns
– Discussion and support groups to help clients build connection, improve the quality of their interpersonal relationships and develop their identity outside of the Eating Disorder
– Body image discussions that allow clients a safe space to discuss their experience of body image and work on challenging unhelpful beliefs and behaviours that contribute to negative body image
– Goal-setting groups that guide clients to live more in line with their values by offering support to set specific, meaningful goals and accountability to follow through with achieving these goals
– Support is provided prior to meal times as well as after meal breaks, however meal breaks are currently self-directed.
When does it run?
NEDRC’s Recovery Day Programme provides groups 5 days per week Monday – Friday.
Each day is different and is an open programme, which means that clients can join any time throughout the year. The duration of treatment is decided collaboratively with the client and our day programme staff. However, generally clients will complete the 12-week programme.
Following a GP or Medical Doctor referral to NEDRC, admission to our Day Programme takes place post a comprehensive assessment.
Our Day Programme Consultant Psychiatrist reviews our clients and we can provide bloods, vital signs, weight/ BMI checks as required.
Please see our Therapy Programme for information on specific therapies we offer at NEDRC.
For more information, please contact Day Programme on 01 564 4450 or email@example.com.