At the completion of the programme we will individually discuss with clients potential options for further support if needed. This may involve NEDRC’s Day Programme or out-patient services. The programmes therapeutic framework includes psychoeducation and skills acquisition from therapies such as CBT, Dietetics, Interpersonal Therapy and Effectiveness, Emotional Regulation, Distress Tolerance and Mindfulness in combination with self-directed activities.
This programme is most suitable for those who have been identified as having binge eating behaviours associated with an Eating Disorder diagnosis or difficulties with over-eating or night eating. The content of this programme is relevant to a broad range of people experiencing moderate to high severity of binge eating and associated behaviours including comfort eating, over eating.
Throughout the program participants are offered
• Nutrition education with a Dietitian in groups and individual dietetic planning (the goal will not be restriction or weight loss)
• Psychological group treatment and weekly 1:1 time with a Psychologist/ Therapist
• Mindfulness and Emotional Regulation strategies
• Art Psychotherapy
• Exercise Physiology
• Family Therapy
• Support pre, during & post meals
• 1:1 support with nursing staff and routine reviews with Consultant Psychiatrists
• Opportunity to develop a relapse prevention plan.
Patients with BED often experience so much distress which is compounded by judgments made about them.
At NEDRC, we approach all we do with compassion, empathy and a “no blame, no shame” approach.
The cost of treatment is covered by private health insurance (VHI Healthcare, Garda Medical Aid). The Health Service Executive (HSE) funds clients on a case by case, please contact for advise on applying for funding.